Resolutions



Last January I made a resolution to "stop complaining about it, fix it" - while it seemed like a great idea at the time, it backfired big time. Trying to do everything myself just isn't sustainable.

After learning that lesson the hard way, I've come up with the following resolutions for 2017:

  • Set limits and start saying no (even if I want to do everything)
  • Document the awesome stuff that is happening in my life
  • Take time to focus on home

Setting Limits


I want to do everything. When there are potentially cool projects happening at the makerspace I want to lead them all. I want to MAKE ALL THE THINGS!
I can't. Not while working full time and looking after a toddler.
This has been a hard lesson, but by scaling back on which projects I take on I hope to really focus on doing fewer things really well.
I'm really excited about some of the things I have in the works for the next few months.

Documenting My Life


This will hopefully mean blogging more!
While working on the Instructable Makerspace Contest this summer, I was often looking back at my old blog posts for things I had done in the past and ideas for projects to replicate. It was so nice to have that history to look back on.
This blog has been a little neglected of late, but I'm hoping to get back into the habit of doing more frequent updates.

Using 1 Second Everyday was so fun for the Winterval lanterns, I'm also going to try to film something every day in 2017. So far January is just videos of Axel being adorable.

Focus on Home


Our kitchen renovation is still not done. Axel's nursery was never completed. The master bedroom is a mess and the same awful blue and orange that it was when we moved in. It stresses me out.
By working to improve our little house I think that I will enjoy spending time at home with Chris and Axel more. Making things more functional will make our lives easier.
Hopefully it will also mean I will be able to host more parties. I love throwing parties and haven't done it nearly enough since we moved north!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flash's Guardians of the Galaxy Birthday Party

More Pop Bottle Inspiration