Ready to revel

“Revel in the architecture! Soak up the heritage!”
With catchy slogans like that, how could I not participate?

I’m currently trying to plan my route for Doors Open Ottawa.

I love this event for so many reasons. I’m really a big snoop and Doors Open lets me sneak a peek into some of the most interesting buildings in the city. It also provides me with new trivia for when I default to Ottawa tour guide mode, and, best of all, it’s free!

This year’s lineup looks pretty good, although I am quite disappointed that some of the sites I didn’t get into last year are no longer on the list.

On the to do list for this year:
C.D. Howe Building – they’ve got a new ‘green roof’ that sounds pretty cool
Laurier House – home to some of Canada’s most colourful prime ministers, I’ve been meaning to check this one out for a while
Laurentian Leadership Centre – I used to walk by this 100 year old house everyday when I lived in Centretown and I’m curious to see if it is as pretty on the inside as I always imagined it must be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flash's Guardians of the Galaxy Birthday Party

More Pop Bottle Inspiration