Currently obsessed with: All things Steampunk


Lately I’ve been wasting many, many hours browsing through images of all things Steampunk on the interwebs. This works well with my Etsy addiction.

So when I came home last night to find my television broken, I saw it as a golden opportunity to try my very own steampunk mod. Okay, I’ll admit that when I first noticed the power button was broken off I didn’t immediately see this as a good thing. Fortunately, Chris was able to open my eyes to the possibilities.

Worst case scenario: I’ll open up the tv and never get it working again. But as the tv was originally found in a dumpster, then sold to a friend who gave it back to me years later, it cost me a grand total of negative 5 dollars. While it would be missed, it would not be a great loss.

If everything goes well: I’ll have bragging rights to the coolest television around that only gets 3 channels.

I’m so looking forward to satisfying my anachrotechnofetish. I’ll be sure to keep you posted on my progress.

In the meantime, here’s some of my inspiration:


from Datamancer

from Aaron Adding Machines



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flash's Guardians of the Galaxy Birthday Party

More Pop Bottle Inspiration